The Dauntless WWII SBD Bomber DVD
The Douglas SBD Dauntless dive bomber was one of the great aircraft of WWII especially in the Pacific. During the Battle of Midway, SBDs destroyed four Japanese carriers, dramatically altering the course of the war. At the time this video was made, there were only two operational SBDs. In this video, we see old and new SBDs. Thanks to the quality of modern video and audio gear, the viewer can now experience the SBD on an entirely different level.
- 2014 coverage of SBD-5 Dauntless operated by the Commemorative Air Force.
- Arrival at Cincinnati's Lunken Airport plus public rides during the weekend.
- Enjoy engine starts, taxi scenes, takeoffs, fly-arounds and landings.
- A demonstration of the rear gunner and the retractable machine guns.
- Brief history and information about the SBD Dauntless aircraft.
- Guest appearance and flight of a local AT-6 including a low pass over us.
- "Pacific Milk Runs" a wonderful black-and-white film made during WWII.
- Vintage film shows lots of SBDs plus B-25s, TBM and Corsairs.
- Live audio with limited narration plus the US Navy film has sound. Shot on HD equipment, in color with live audio. The WWII film is B&W. 75 minutes Wide Screen Standard Definition DVD.
Total runtime for The Dauntless WWII SBD Bomber DVD is about 75 minutes. Format is NTSC DVD and region-free.