P-51 Mustangs WWII Fighter DVD
The North American P-51 Mustang was one of the great fighter aircraft of WWII. Due to the P-51's long range, it was used by the USAAF's Eighth Air Force to escort bombers in raids over Germany. The USAAF's Ninth Air Force used the Merlin-powered Mustangs as fighter-bombers, roles in which the Mustang helped ensure Allied air superiority in 1944.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the famous P-51D Mustangs in action during visits to the Cincinnati area in 2013 and 2014. Three different aircraft are seen with engine starts, taxi, takeoffs, fly-overs, steep climbs and landings.
This is your chance to see restored WWII P-51 Mustangs closeup on the ground and in the air. These P-51s were filmed in 2013-2014 and the quality of modern video and audio gear enables the viewer to experience the P-51 Mustang on an entirely different level.
- 2013 coverage of P-51 "The Brat III" doing rides at Cincinnati's Lunken Airport.
- 2014 coverage of "Cincinnati Miss" doing fly-overs at Clermont Airport.
- 2013 coverage of "Red Nose" doing pre-rider test flights at Lunken Airport.
- "Red Nose" doing several flights with riders over a 2-day span.
- Close proximity to some planes for engine starts and other action.
- See several high-speed low passes from some of the aircraft.
- Catch a few views of additional WWII-era aircraft at these events
- Great action watching iconic aircraft that were so famous during WWII.
- Limited historic narration for each aircraft and live audio without music. Shot on HD equipment, in color with live audio. 90 minutes Wide Screen Standard Definition DVD.
Total runtime for P-51 Mustangs WWII Fighter DVD is about 90 minutes. Format is NTSC DVD and region-free.