Book condition is
Used - Very Good.
TAC - A Pictorial History of the USAF Tactical Air Forces 1970-1977 by Lou Drendel is a softcover book published in 1978, 64 pages in length and 8 1/2 x 11 inches in size. It covers, mostly in photos, the aircraft of the USAF Tactical Air Forces from 1970 to 1977.
The aircraft used in the TAC mission are depicted with many great B+W and color photos as well as color aviation art. In addition: specs, dimensions, performance, and armament are also covered for each aircraft. Here is a partial list of aircraft: F-5/T-38, F-4, F-15 , F-16, F-104, F-105, F-111, F-100, A-7D, A-10A, AC-47, AC-119, AC-130 and many more.
Other topics covered:
- Introduction, mission and early history of TAC.
- TAC in the 70s.
- The TAC training programs (Flags): Red, Blue, Black, Green and Gold.
- Air Superiority.
- Air Interdiction.
- Close Air Support.
- Special Operations Force.
- The FAC (Forward Air Controller).
- Tactical Electronic Warfare.
- Tactical Air Reconnaissance.
- Map of TAC bases in the US in January 1977.
- Map of TAC gained-Air National Guard units in the US in January 1977.
- Map of TAC gained-Air Force Reserve units in the US in January 1977.
- A table titled: 1977 USAF Tactical Air Forces Command Structure. This table lists the unit name, base location, aircraft types and tail codes for all TAC units in the US.