Pan Am Flying Boats & Clippers
China Clipper: Pan Am's Conquest of the Pacific is an exceptional documentary covering Pan Am's ten-year reign of the Pacific Ocean in the 1930s. All prior footage of earlier Pan Am flying Clippers (Sikorsky S-42, Martin M-130) is in black-and-white but this China Clipper DVD shows never before seen *color* footage of Pan Am flying boats and Clippers.
China Clipper DVD highlights:
- Overnight sleeping berths on the B-314 and on-board luxury dining-if only they still served food like that!
- Breathtaking never before seen extensive exterior and interior B-314 shots in *color*
- The Pan Am crew members of B-314 performing required tasks on the spacious flight deck
- Impressive view of the Pan Am flying boat taking off and landing
- Valuable historical information covering passenger service years, the construction of military bases on Wake, Midway and Guam and Pan Am’s role in World War II.
- Footage showing Pan Am owned hotels on Pacific Island stopovers as well as on Honolulu, Hong Kong and Manila.
- High quality film of additional flying clippers, boats and seaplanes including the Sikorsky S-40, S-42 and rare footage of Sikorsky's last seaplane, the VS-44A.
The uncommon footage contained in this DVD of beautiful flying clippers make it an excellent item or gift for the Pan Am aviation enthusiast. It’s a great window into the past, a great educational tool and a film to be admired by pilots and aviation fans alike.
Total run time for Pan Am China Clipper Pacific Conquest B-314 M-130 DVD is about 60 minutes. Format is NTSC DVD and region-free..
Looking for a different airplane dvd
? Take a look at our WW2 planes
, DC-3 flights
, commercial aviation videos
or contact us for something more specific.