History of Douglas DC-3 – DC-3 Flights & Videos
This tribute to the history of the Douglas DC-3 is a special video featuring rare footage of one of the most versatile aircrafts ever built.
Features in this film:
- Covers the DC-3’s history starting with its origins at Santa Monica, over half a century ago.
- You will see DC-3 videos of the aircraft’s early days through to the fabulous scenes of DC-3 flights today.
- Also included is a unique opportunity to view the DC-3 undergoing a major maintenance and overhaul program.
- Video of the DC-3 "underskin" technical detail not normally seen: airframe, interior, engines, wings and much more.
- Fully refurbished and back in the air, we join the Pionair DC-3 for a flight, watching the pilots at work in the cockpit.
- A Douglas DC-3 pilot's Checklist is included with this video.
- Clips of the immaculately restored National Airways Corporation of New Zealand Douglas DC-3 Skyliner, reminiscent of airline travel of the 1960's providing valuable views of classic DC-3 charter flights in the 21st Century.
- Stunning close-up footage of landings, take-offs, taxiing, pre-flight walkaround, engine run-ups, the classic lines and unique sounds of the DC-3 all against the backdrop of many breathtaking landscapes.
This highly recommended tribute to the Douglas DC-3’s history, flights and other rarely seen views is an exceptional video for Aviation enthusiasts and pilots. Many proclaim this as some of the best contemporary footage yet filmed of the Douglas DC-3 in flight making it a must have for any aviation fan.
In NTSC DVD format and region-free with runtime of about 70 minutes.
Looking for a different aviation DVD
? Take a look at WW2 airplane videos
, modern military planes
, DC-7 flights
or contact us for something more specific.