Back in the fifties, big props reigned supreme as BOAC and Pan Am Stratocruisers dominate the ramp alongside DC6s, DC7s, Super Constellations, Yorks, Vikings, and Ambassadors. This DVD brings back this excitement in full color and authentic sound throughout.
The early sixties brought the whine of the turboprop Viscount and the roar of Comets, 707s, DC8s, VC10s, Caravelles and Coronados - many of them captured in exciting closeup action. Several of our cameramen worked airside and as a result, we have amazing shots of some of Heathrow's rare visitors and key events.
- BOAC 707 landing with its nosewheel retracted
- The British Eagle fleet grounded after it went bankrupt
- Wreckage of the BKS Ambassador that crashed on 28 Right
- TWA, Skyways, Air Ceylon & SAA Constellations, Iberia Bristol Freighter
- Dan Air and Skyways Yorks. KLM, SAS, FAA, Swissair & Pan AM DC7s
- Lufthansa, Flying Tigers, Capitol and Air France Super Constellations
- BEA Fleet in original color scheme. Eagle Vikings. Air Safaris Hermes
- TWA and Trans Atlantica Argentina Starliners. LOT and Malev IL14s
- Air France, SAS, and Iberia CV990A Coronados. Nigerian VC10
- YC97, Execute Martin 404s. Air France Viscount 700. SAA DC4.
- VC10 crew training and much, much more!
In NTSC DVD format with runtime of about 64 minutes.